15 October 2008

Veggie Ram

Bought a 4x4 dodge diesel today because it was a good deal.

I plan on making the cross country trip to Georgia in this dodge with a conversion.

I have ten working days to complete this conversion.

Got the guy to throw in an L tank that was sitting on the side of the house that will be the base of the conversion.

Copper doesn't react well with vegetable oil, and the copper in tank heating element takes a lot of valuable time. An Arctic Fox heated fuel pickup will save time and last forever.

Would like to use the same VW oil cooler idea but I've heard of a large DAVCO filter housing that is coolant heated, lasts forever, can be had for cheap, and filters are $10.

This Davco filter is rumored to be found at big rig parts yard in Idaho. A Soldier at my unit knows more, and of course I will post the specifics later.

Stay tuned it is about to get exciting.